When we study the ancient prophecies with a clear and open mind, we can reach only one conclusion; the bible and its writer's were truly inspired by a higher authority. It is difficult if not impossible for all of the ancient prophecies to date to all have come to pass as they have without the bible is indeed the inspired word of God. Let's review just 10 of hundreds of prophecies that have come to pass.
1) That Israel would be reborn as a nation : The Bible Prophesied that Israel was to be re-gathered to her own land. (Isaiah 12: 11-12) This came to pass after almost 1,900 years in 1948 when the nation of Israel was reborn. No other nation on earth has ever been reborn, with the same name, race of people, language and or culture, except Israel.
2) That Jerusalem would be destroyed : Jesus prophesied in Mathew 23: 37-39 that Jerusalem would be destroyed because the Jews had rejected him as their Messiah. This happened in AD 70 when the Romans totally destroyed Jerusalem and the temple.
3) Jerusalem – a Burdensome Stone : Thousand of years ago, we learn in the Bible that Jerusalem would become a "burdensome stone to all the nations". Today, not a day passes by that we do not hear of turmoil in the Middle East; usually surrounding Jerusalem (Zechariah 12: 2-3). It seems like the three major religions, and all of Israel's neighbors want control of the Holy city at any cost, and the scripts are clear that this tiny parcel of land will lead to the final battle of Armageddon.
4) Land for Peace : In Daniel 11:39, the bible prophesied the land for peace issue surrounding Israel, of which several of these peace agreements have transpired in our very generation.
5) Knowledge would grow exponentially at the time of the end : In Daniel 12: 4 the prophet Daniel prophesied that in the last days knowledge would increase exponentially. With the advent of the Internet, search engines, and smart phones information is rampant, and anyone can learn anything instantly in direct fulfillment of Daniel's prophecy over 2,500 years ago.
6) That in the last days technology would allow control of all the world's population : Again with the advanced technology of computers, the internet, and microchips, governments can track every human being on earth. This will allow an end time dictator to be able to track and persecute anyone unwilling to accept a mark on their hands or Forehead – thus making the "Mark of the beast" prophesied in Revelation 13: 16-17 a modern day possibility and reality.
7) In the last days there will be an increase and intensity of earthquakes . Jesus prophesied that in the last days there would be an increase in the intensity of Earthquakes (Mathew 24: 7). The recent 9.0 earthquake in Japan brings the total of 8.0 or higher earthquakes to 6 over the past 60 or so years. We are now averaging over 600 major earthquakes (over 6.5 in the Richter scale) per decade – a much higher rate than at any other time in history.
8) As in the days of Noah : The Bible teachers in Genesis 6:11 that as in the days of Noah, the last days will be full of violence. Just watch the evening news and you will be bombarded with so much news on violent acts, so as to depress most anyone. FBI forecasts show that violent crimes have increased over 500% in the USA since 1960.
9) Lovers of self : In II Timothy 3: 2 Paul prophesied that in the last days men will become lovers of their own selves. Today, society is driven by several doctrines of self-love such as the "human potential movement", and false doctrines that we are gods. The norm today in public schools is to teach the youth that self love and self esteem are the cornerstone to success. No mention of God, the bible, humility or love toward others!
10) Persecution of Christians worldwide : Jesus prophesied in Mathew 24: 9 that in the last days Christians would be hated. Today, persecution of Christians has escalated in diverse parts of the world; not just in the Middle East. Even in America, bibles and even the name of Jesus is shunned upon and not allowed in public schools.
Did Jesus Fake His Deity and Crucifixion?
Some claim that since Christ was so knowledgeable of the scriptures, that He was merely manifested His deification and crucifixion by His actions. Well if that is the case then he must have been God because he forced many things which were totally out of his control to come to pass! For example, how did Christ cause himself to be born in Bethlehem, as prophesied? How could Jesus control being born of the lineage of Abraham and David? How did Jesus control his being spat at or crucified? Or that after his death, he was pierced on the side by a centurion, and that none of his bones were broken – as prophesied. How could Jesus control being buried in a Rich man's tomb after his death – as prophesied? Need more proof?
It actually takes much more effort to dispel the prophecies then to accept and believe them. When confronted with these truths, most unbelievers simply change the subject or refusal to listen. It is as if their minds and ears are closed to the word of God. Even here, the bible prophesied that this would happen as foretold in Matthew 13:15: "For the hearts of this people have grown dull. will continue believing the lie rather than in the truth.
By Robert Rite
#Bibleverses, #Bible prayers, #BibleInspiration, #BooksoftheBible, #PeopleoftheBible, #BibleProphecy